EL Education's Curriculum Walkthrough Calibration
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
The purpose of this course is to help your team calibrate around the Walkthrough tool, to help your Walkthrough Team “see the same thing, the same way”, and to leverage EL Education's data platform, Dimensions, to capture and make meaning of the walkthrough data collected. Taking the time to communicate and ensure the Walkthrough Team is on the same page is critical to collecting meaningful data that can be used to track progress and inform practice over time.
Intended Audience: Walkthrough Team (to include school/district leaders, coaches, teachers)
- I can explain the purpose of walkthroughs and their placement in the Strategic Planning Cycle.
- I can observe, rate, and calibrate instructional practices and student behaviors using the Curriculum Walkthrough Tools.
- I can prepare for and engage in walkthroughs to improve implementation around specifically identified indicators.
- I can use Dimensions to collect walkthrough data and access relevant reports.
Pre-requisites-Prior to beginning this course, be sure to complete the following requirements:
- Develop your school- or district-wide EL Education Workplan.
- Identify indicators you intend to focus on this year (as informed by implementation goals in your EL Education Workplan and the K-8 Curriculum Implementation Walkthrough Tool).
- Assemble your initial Walkthrough Team to complete this course together.
- If using Dimensions, verify that all members of the Walkthrough Team have access to EL Education's Dimensions.
Length: 6 hours
To use a Purchase Order: Please complete our Online Course Order Form. Our team will be in touch shortly.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org