Supporting K-2 Reading Foundations Skills Block
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
The purpose of this course is to support impactful curriculum implementation through the K-2 Reading Foundations Skills Block. This one-hour instructional block is meant to ensure that, by the end of grade 2, students acquire the depth of skills they need in the Reading Foundations standards to navigate grade-level text independently.
Intended Audience: K-2 Teachers and Instructional Coaches
- I can summarize the research behind the K-2 Skills Block.
- I can explain the structure and components of the K-2 Skills Block and locate curriculum resources.
- I can describe the three types of assessments in the K-2 Skills Block and how they inform instruction.
- I can use assessment data to determine a student's microphase and create strategic groupings that support their needs.
- I can prepare for whole group and differentiated small group instruction in the K-2 Skills Block.
- I can prepare for independent rotations in the K-2 Skills Block.
Length: 6 hours
To use a Purchase Order: Please complete our Online Course Order Form. Our team will be in touch shortly.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org